danj66
danj66, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I use research often in my job as a therapist. I also used it very often while at university.
76048485
Type Your Question Here...

Can a closed bank account in Turkey be traced?

Customer Question

Can a closed bank account in Turkey be traced
?
Category: General
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Turkey, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like you to provide a legal internet researcher please.
Kathy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can prove where my money went but my partner has died and the money is now in another country and his sons will get my money
If you cannot help please can you let me know who can
Kathy
I will transfer this to General for you and hopefully an Expert there will be able to help.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you
kathy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, have you been able to answer my question yet please?
Kathy
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 10 months ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I feel let down with your answer , I need a answer soon please as my partner has now had his funeral today and his sons are about to keep my money. I need urgent help please. If you cant help then I need to go elsewhere , and this is just another intetnet scam
regarxs
kathy
reI feel let down by your lack of knowledge. I need urgent help as my partner had his funeral today and I need urgent help or his sons wil l keep my mone
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  danj66 replied 10 months ago.
Hi Kathy,I can see you were referred to the internet researcher division due to the legal team being unable to help you. The internet researchers are just that, people who won't know your answer but who are experts in searching the web so that if anyone does know your answer, then they will find it and relay the answer to you.I can understand that you're quite upset and frustrated about the whole process, which I can completely understand. I would very much like to help you in any way that I can, but to do that I would need as much information as possible please. Think of it like an investigation, I am going to go onto the web and investigate your question, but to do that I need as much information from you as possible so that I can ensure the information I find is useful to you.So could you please explain to me exactly what has happened. Anything that you feel is relevant could help from before the loss of your partner until now. Please also explain how the son's came to have your money, was it your partners money that you feel is rightly yours, or was it actually your money that was in his account or something similar. Was there any wills involved?When you say the money is in another country, do you mean the money is in Turkey or in a different country to Turkey?Can you also let me know who else, if anyone you have consulted with about this.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for getting back to me
I had been with my partner for 15years. A few years ago I transferred money from my account in England to his account in Turkey
where he was going to invest it. I do have proof of this. Before my partner became seriously ill he went over to Turkey to have all
funds transferred to another country, which was successful and I do know that the funds are in his account in another country.
Unfortunately for me (this I dont understand. He changed his will, whilst not being in good health, and eft me and a couple of
his grandchildren out of the new will) I was mentioned in his previous will. My partner became seriously ill and was in hospital
9 weeks where unfortunately he died.
As my partner didnot discuss his money with any of his sons, and why should he.? all money goes to them.
I have been told that I have to prove where the money went in and what prof do I have that it is still in my partners account in Turkey. As I have said before the money is no longer in Turkey.The solicitor involved refuses to see me to discuss all of this. Please can you help.
Kathy
Expert:  danj66 replied 10 months ago.
Hi Kathy,Thank you very much for all of the information, I will do my best to shed some light on your issue.I have begun my search, can I ask, do you have any information held about the Turkish Bank account, such as who the bank account was with?
Expert:  danj66 replied 10 months ago.
Also, in your proof of your money being transferred out. Does it give you any clues as to where the money went (sometimes it will indicate the bank name).All information is pointing to needing the name of the bank before progress can be made.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes I have proof of where the money went. It went to HSBC BANK A.S.
2,1, BUYUKDERE CAD
ISTANBUL
TURKEY
Expert:  danj66 replied 10 months ago.
That's good.The most efficient way to track the account will be to get in touch with the bank in question, explain the situation and have them give you the information. That obviously sounds far easier than what it will actually be of course. As I said I am no expert in law, all I can do is refer to information I have found on the internet. However, when family members have passed away with accounts abroad the first point of call seems to be to get in contact the with bank where the account was held and to explain the situation. The difficult nature about your case of course is that your late partners family may also be claiming the money. But at this stage the best thing you can do is get in touch with the bank branch, failing that then the bank HQ is your next best bet. The number for the HQ is Telephone: +90 212 376 40 00Because they are a subsidiary of a British Bank there is a good chance that there will be someone there who speaks English. On failing that I would ring the HQ of the British HSBC and explain the situation to them. They may be able to help or even act on your behalf, especially if you have an account with them. Hopefully after all this you should have a better idea about where you stand in regards ***** ***** able to get your money back. It would massively help your cause if you have evidence somewhere that you were providing this money to your partner to invest for you, rather than giving it to him as a payment. If you update me once you have completed the above steps then I may be able to help you further.