Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
6012901
Type Your Question Here...

I have had a very bad experience with a Volkswagen dealer.

Customer Question

I have had a very bad experience with a Volkswagen dealer. I believe the costs were far too high but I was going abroad and paid the bills so as not to incur further costs. I also appealed to Volkswagen but they said that they never interfere in a dispute between a client and a dealer. I am now thinking about creating a web site on which anyone could post what he considers to be a bad experience with a car or with a garage. If I do this am I risking any kind of law suit by the garage or dealer? Thanks for your help.
Category: General
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 9 months ago.
Are you proposing to say anything untrue?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Jo C. I viewed your answer right after you sent it and I replied to you. No, I am not going to say anything not true. If you wish I can send you a copy of the letter I sent to Volkswagen. What I would put up on a website is exactly the same information. M.
That is not a bad idea actually. You can post it on here but just anonymise anything that might lead to identification.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK. I tried to just copy and paste it into this response but it appears to large. I will try to send a pdf under the "add files" menu item below. If doesn't work I can copy and paste it in two pieces. Please let me know if you get the pdf file.
Are you proposing to post that online? It doesn't quite sign correctly?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes, I am considering creating a web site and posting it online. I don't quite understand what you meant when you said "It doesn't quite sign correctly" What did you mean by this?
Are you in the UK? I have just noticed the incorrect American spelling in these documents. If you are in States then my answer above may well be wrong.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am in USA for the moment but I live in Belgium.
Is the dealer in the states?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. The dealer is in Belgium. I will be returning to my residence in Belgium in a few weeks. I live there and am a Belgian citizen but was born in Canada. I'm going out now for several hours so may not be able to respond immediately.
Ok. This is the wrong category. I will see where it can be moved.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do you mean by the wrong category. When I signed up to post a question I had to choose between UK, Ireland and EU law. I chose EU law. Was this incorrect?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Belgian Law, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I selected the category of help I was looking for I had to choose between several categories. One of the categories was EU law which is what I chose. It now appears that you do not provide answers for situations outside UK and Ireland. If you can provide a definitive answer via a legal internet researcher this would be fine. If not, I would close the file. However I did pay the sum of 66 euros for an answer which was acceptable to me. If he case is closed do you refund this fee?
Yes, of course, we offer a refund. I cannot guarantee a definitive answer from a researcher but it may be worth trying; you will still be able to ask for a refund at any time.
Please let me know how you'd like to proceed,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Nicola. If I could get a definitive answer within a few days I would be happy to continue. Otherwise I will cancel the request.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I will move this to General for you now and hopefully it will be picked up there.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 9 months ago.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Adam
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Adam. I actually needed the answer a couple of days ago so please cancel the request. I would also appreciate receiving the refund of the 66 euros I paid. This should go into my Paypal account from which I made the transfer to your organization. Please also cancel my account. Thank you. Malcolm Cromarty