Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

My tortoise has got a wheeze any suggestions

my tortoise has got a wheeze any suggestions
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.Can you tell me what type of tortoise this is?Where is it housed?UVB light and how old?Diet?Supplements?Any bubbles from the nose or mouth?Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My tortoise is a testify, he is housed in the dining room under a new UVB light, his diet consists of dry formula, greens, chicory, tortoise mix composition: marigold hibiscus rose petals blue mallow and dandelion leaf, cucumber and nutrobal. He is being bathed every day in reptoboost. He has bubbles from the nose and mouth after bathing. Magda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tortoise is a testudo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is 16 years old
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,By the information supplied I can see he is well cared for. The Diet and husbandry is excellent. Unfortunately the wheezing and the bubbles indicate there s some type of respiratory issue going on. I know you would like to do an at hime treatement, but if I am correct he will need an Antibiotic from a Reptile Vet. This is a link to locate some in the UK: http://www.anapsid.org/vets/england.html I wish I could tall you there is an at home treatment, but he should be seen as soon as reasonably possible.Joan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u Joan, have just got home from vets with antibiotics to start immediately. Kind regards Magda
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know how he does. If I have addressed your concens, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.Joan