Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

My bearded dragon has not eaten couple of month

Hello, my bearded dragon has not eaten for a couple of month now and sleeps a lot, she drinks the water when she has a bath,she has not lost any colour and she don't move apart from her head,I have spoken to four different pet stores and they all said she was bro mating, we have three dragons and the other two may sleep for about 2-3 days that's it, we are worried now, can you help please, thank you
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in reptile rescue.The Pet shops are telling you is about Brumation. It is the winter sleep that Bearded Dragons do during the cold winter months. Brumation (reptile hibernation) which is common in Dragons over a year old. This happens when the weather starts to get cooler. That is why he is not eating or drinking. This can last 2-4 months during the colder periods. You need to reduce the lighting to 8 hours a day from 12-14 hours a day. This allows for the Dragon to rest properly. You UVB light should be replaced every 6 months as they do loose potency. I suggest a Reptisun 10.0 tube bulb. During this time we usually give a soak once a week in 1/2 warm water and 1/2 Plain Dioralyte (infant electrolyte replacer). This is some information on Brumation:http://lllreptile.com/info/library/care-and-husbandry-articles/-/reptilian-brumation/If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.Joan