expert-wilson
expert-wilson, small business owner
Experience:  BS in Business Administration and an MBA in Marketing. Experience in higher education, marketing and international travel.
68517698
Type Your Question Here...

Does it make financial sense to become self-employed?

Category: General
Expert:  expert-wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joan,It really depends on the type of work you plan on doing, what field of work would you be in while working self employed?I myself am a self employed dance instructor and while the benefits of having my own hours and freedoms to work when I want and where I want are awesome, it does have it's drawbacks.Simple things like sick pay, holiday pay, pension schemes etc.This guide is a quick easy one to determine the pro's and cons of working as a self employed person - http://www.moneywise.co.uk/work-wages/salary-benefits/the-pros-and-cons-being-employed-and-self-employed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** ask further questions from you?
Hi Joan, Absolutely, fire away!While I am based in the U.S. I do have consulting experience with UK based individuals and companies, so if I don't know the answer to a question, I will find out for you!