Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

I am English by birth spent many times in India since

Customer Question

Hello.I am English by birth spent many times in India since 16yrs of age.I am looking for residency in India mainly for health reasons as the climate suits myself.
Category: General
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about India, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello.please leave question open
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Understand how the climate can be helpful as the warm weather can do wonders for health as the UK (while lovely) is colder and can be harsh in winter. I went ahead to research information for you to inquire further on receiving residency in India from the UK:1. From the government page of https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-indiaEntry and residence requirementsBritish nationals intending to reside in India must be in possession of the necessary visa. Please see the Ministry of Home Affairs website for further information on the types of visas available and the VFS website for how to apply.On arrival in India you may need to register with the Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO). Please see the Indian Immigration Bureau website for further information.2. Additional information for expat:http://www.expatinfodesk.com/expat-guide/deciding-on-the-right-country/top-expatriate-destinations/india/
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I hope that the information provided can help in your eventual move to India. If you could take a moment to rate my assistance so that I know my help was useful as well as allow me to assist other customers on our site.Take care,Michael