expert-wilson
expert-wilson, small business owner
Experience:  BS in Business Administration and an MBA in Marketing. Experience in higher education, marketing and international travel.
68517698
Type Your Question Here...

When you make a PPI claim through a broker, does the bank

Hi There,
when you make a PPI claim through a broker, does the bank send a cheque to the agent made out to them, or is the cheque made out to you.

Hi George,

I've been through the PPI process twice now myself, on both occasions, through two seperate PPI companies, the check/settlement is originally sent to the PPI company, they then issue you a check from themselves, with their share removed (anywhere from 10-40% or more)

The lowest cut I found was around 30%, but supposedly there are other companies which offer lower rates

It's a good idea to shop around.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Also, be sure to read this page, before claiming - http://www.fscs.org.uk/your-claim/claim-management-companies/