PaulB
PaulB, Consultant
Experience:  PaulB
25355611
Type Your Question Here...

I am on a princess 64 and I am relatively new to boating.

Customer Question

Hi, I am on a princess 64 and I am relatively new to boating. Water is being expelled from an outlet at the waterline on the starboard side as I look over the side from the cockpit. Is that normal?
Category: General
Expert:  PaulB replied 11 months ago.

Most ships have water-circulating systems that keep the engines cool and run the A/C and other environmental systems. “Raw water” or water from the sea or lake is sucked into the ship via “through-hulls” or one-way vents under the ship that bring the water in. The water then is used for a variety of purposes (like those mentioned above) and then pumped out of those small holes that are constantly releasing water.

It's probably exhaust from the water cooled marine engine, though, so please don't worry :)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Great thank you
Expert:  PaulB replied 11 months ago.

No problem, have a great time sailing :)