Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

My horsefield tort has a lump under her mouth been to local

my horsefield tort has a lump under her mouth been to local vet who gave her anti inflammatory injection and antibiotics .but it was all soft the mass but it is now hard and a little bit smaller .she is off her food is there any thing eles they should look for her mouth is nice and pink so not mouth rot
Category: General
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joan replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile rescue.

Can you post a picture of the area?

I will post a list of Herp Vets for you in the UK. Are you in England?

Joan

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i live in perth scotland
Expert:  Joan replied 10 months ago.

Picture is a bit large to see it. I suspect it is an abscess from your description. Reptile abscess are hard cheesey material. It may require a minor surgery to clean it out. The Vet can look at it and determine if it is indeed an abscess. This is a link for Scotland Herp Vets: http://www.anapsid.org/vets/scotland.html

I hope this is helpful for you and Please let me know the findings.

Joan

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thanks been to the vet 5 times just gave me antibiotics but thanks any way
Expert:  Joan replied 10 months ago.

Usually we open the area and clean it out. allow it to heal from the inside out. They can als do a fine needle aspirate to pull cells and send off for pathology and to determine what the cause was.

Joan

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  Joan replied 10 months ago.

You are welcome! I would appreciate if you could take a moment to rate my service 5 stars so I can be compensated by the site for my time and answers.

Joan