Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

How do I separate sheets of postage stamps stuck together by

How do I separate sheets of postage stamps stuck together by their own gum on the back side due to humidity with minimal disturbance of the gum?

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good afternoon,

Went ahead to research sources that offer suggestions to remove the stamps in separate sheets without causing little to no damage to each:

1. NY Times offers suggestions in the link below:

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/05/21/style/pastimes-stamps.html

2. Damp towel and water continues to be something that collectors use to separate:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-unstick-mint-stamps-that-have-fused-together-/10000000000843832/g.html

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Take care,

Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I found the information useful and shall try application of the process to my particular 'sticky' issues. Thank you for researching the information. The reason I gave you a good rather than excellent rating is that I have not tried the method on my problem stamps.