Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years of experience as a Research Librarian.
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

How do I separate sheets of postage stamps stuck together by

How do I separate sheets of postage stamps stuck together by their own gum on the back side due to humidity with minimal disturbance of the gum?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

Went ahead to research sources that offer suggestions to remove the stamps in separate sheets without causing little to no damage to each:

1. NY Times offers suggestions in the link below:

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/05/21/style/pastimes-stamps.html

2. Damp towel and water continues to be something that collectors use to separate:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-unstick-mint-stamps-that-have-fused-together-/10000000000843832/g.html

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 1 month ago.

Take care,

Michael

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I found the information useful and shall try application of the process to my particular 'sticky' issues. Thank you for researching the information. The reason I gave you a good rather than excellent rating is that I have not tried the method on my problem stamps.