Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

hi I am working in Germany on a 2 year contract but told that

Customer Question

hi I am working in Germany on a 2 year contract but told that it was a permanent contract . I have found out i am pregnant and my contract is ending in October they have told me they will not be renewing.
I am so distressed i have moved from the UK and invested everything here , I cannot believe they are di=doing this please help.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer,

thank you for using Just Answer.

May I ask:

What does the Befristung in your employment contract look like.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is a Befristung? and where can i find it?

Dear Customer,

I am so sorry

Befristung is the fact that your contract ends after 2 years.

It has to meet certain requirements , that is why I am asking how it is written in your contract
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is it that you exactly require i have the contract in front of me?

Dear Customer,

what does it say at the beginning

What does it say about the duration of the contract
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its says you are hired as an exempt (AT) employee specifically as

A GSM

From 17.10.2011 to 16.10.2013

Dear Customer,

if the contract is terminated for 2 years there does not have to be a reason for this

One more question:

Did you work for that company before ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no never before

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry

But the termination of your contract is valid

Even your pregnancy does not hinder the termination of your contract

You are allowed to terminate the contract without a reason for two years

I hope I was able to answer your question

Please keep in mind that my job is to give legal information which may not always be pleasant

If your question is answered please give me positive feedback so I get paid for my work

Dear Customer,I am very sorry to be the bearer of such news bur all the same I have given legal advice and I would like getting paid for thatI only get paid if I get positive feedback otherwise I get nothingThank you so much
Dear Customer,

of course you get benefits from the job agency and Kindergeld so your situation is not so bad as it may look like at the moment

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry for your situation but all the same I would like to get paid for my legal advice

So would ypu please click on a happy face

thanks