Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

My daughter a British passport holder has been living in Germany

Customer Question

My daughter a British passport holder has been living in Germany for 6 years and 2 years ago married a German man. The farm and riding yard where they lived, which my husband and I bought for her is in her name only and her husband Sebastian also signed a pre nuptial agreement so that there would be no further costs when they divorce. Does she have to register the date of separation and with whom?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 4 years ago.
Dear Customer,

thank you so much for using Just Answer

No in German Law you do not register dates of separation officially.

You either agree on a date of separation or you write a letter to your spouse telling him that from this day on you are separated

This is how you prove the separation which is only necessary if one spouse does not agree with being separated

If the farm is in her name only there is not going to be a problem with that, too

I hope I was able to help

Please tell me whether you have got any further questions

I hope I was a