Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

is it a requirement for an office to have gender specific toilets

Customer Question

is it a requirement for an office to have gender specific toilets (male and female) in Germany? Is it a requirement to have a qualified first aider present at all times and if so what level?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 4 years ago.

Dear Customer, thank you so much for using Just Answer According to the Arbeitsstättenverordnung § 6 it is required that there are gender specific toilets, or at least that it is possible for both sexes to use the toilets separately According to the law this is mandatory. Accordin to § 10 Arbeitsschutzgesetz the employer also has to take care that first aid can be admistered. He has to name the person who has to take over the task of first aid and if the employer is qualified he himself can be that person. The law says nothing about the first aider having to be present at all times. I hope I was able to provide you with the information you needed Have you got any more questions ? please be my guest

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much

You did not mention what qualification the first aider needs? Are you able to help?

What about first aid kits? is there one recommended for an office?

Dear Customer,

the law ( Arbeitsschutzgesetz) does not say anything about a specific qualification but states a qualification according to the individual needs.

The work council is to be heard when it comes to that.

§ 4 Absatz 5 Arbeitsstättenverordnung

The employer has to provide the means for first aid.

§ 6 Arbeitsstättenveroednung: there have to be special rooms for administering first aid acording to the number of employees and the specific dangers in the company.

Dear Customer,

should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask

If I have have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive feedback

Death Customer,

Have you got any further questions ?

Please be my guest