Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

under German law, if a company bookkeeper sends a supplier

under German law, if a company bookkeeper sends a supplier a ledger balance showing what is owing to the supplier, does that reset the clock re the statute of limitations even though some of the goods were supplied over three years earlier?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your question.

Acknowledging a debt interrupts the statute of limitations.

But if the statute of limitations has already come into effect after 3 years it cannot be intrrupted.

However if the debt is acknowledged it may be against good faith to plead for the statute of limitations.

I hope I was able to help

Any further questions ?

Please do not hesitate to ask.