Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

hi i was in munich in late september got into a scuffle with

hi i was in munich in late september got into a scuffle with a local guy he had a cut lip me a bloody nose police arrested me got 500 euro fine which i paid dont know what happend to the local guy just had a letter from german court saying i have been fined a further 2700 euros or i can appeal i have a week to do so and it has to be in german what should i do?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 2 years ago.

Dear Customer, Thank you so much for your question. Could you mail me that letter ?. ClaudiaMarieSchiessl(at)googlemail(dot)com

Dear Customer,

waht you sent to me is a penalty order.

This is in 90 per diems.

A per diem is what you have for living per month ,( i.e minus rent, debts, alimonies) divided per 30.

With 90 per diems you are considered to have no previous convictions.

As this is Europe it can be enforced.

If you do not pay there is going to be a warrant out and if you pass the German border again any time in the near future one per diem equals one day in prison.

There is no need to pay all at once, just get into contact with them and ask for instalments.

Of course you have the possibility to appeal.

After that there is goin to be a court hearing.

For this you have to attend in person or the appeal will e rejected.

I am very sorry to be the bearer of such news.

Should anything have remained unclear please do not hesitate to ask.

If I have answered your question a positive rating gives me credit

thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Claudia

Can you clarify, does the warrant only apply if I tried to enter Germany or does it apply if I travel to any other European country? I understand this is my decision but if I didn't pay, can I be arrested in England?

it doesn't seem fair as I was injured too but I can't afford the court costs to make an appeal. Also, I have already paid 500 euros to the police!

thank you

John Beckwith

Dear Customer,

in order to be executable in Europe has to have certain categories.

These are:

The categories within which are as follows:
Arson,
Computer-related crime,
Corruption,
Counterfeiting currency,
Counterfeiting and piracy of products,
Crimes within the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court,
Environmental crime, including illicit trafficking in endangered animal species and in endangered plant species and varieties,
Facilitation of unauthorised entry and residence,
Forgery of means of payment,
Forgery of administrative documents and trafficking therein,
Fraud, including fraud affecting the financial interests of the European Union,
Illicit trade in human organs and tissue,
Illicit trafficking in cultural goods, including antiques and works of art,
Illicit trafficking in hormonal substances and other growth promoters,
Illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances,
Illicit trafficking in nuclear or radioactive materials,
Illicit trafficking in weapons, munitions and explosives,
Kidnapping, illegal restraint and hostage-taking,
Laundering of the proceeds of crime,
Murder, grievous bodily injury,
Organised or armed robbery,
Participation in a criminal organisation,
Racism and xenophobia,
Rape,
Racketeering and extortion,
Sabotage
Sexual exploitation of children and child pornography,
Swindling,
Terrorism,
Trafficking in human beings,
Trafficking in stolen vehicles,
Trafficking of children,
Unlawful seizure of aircraft or ships.

So as you can see there is no room for a European arrest warrant

If I have helped a positive rating would be very much appreciated

Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience: I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.