Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

me and my friend live in the uk. my friend wants to give one

me and my friend live in the uk. my friend wants to give one of his german property to me as a gift. we have arranged a german notary public solicitor. solicitor wants my friend's power of attorney because for the ownership transfer becoming my name. german solicitor has given the power of attorney with my friends details, but does not include my details. Would my details be needed in the power of attorney as well.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your question.

In German Law when buying or selling property it has to be notarized .

Both parties need to be present or need to be represented by a third party

So if you are not present in person the notary needs a power of atty with all your details