Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

Thank you for your reply claudia. When My friends solicitor

Thank you for your reply claudia. When My friends solicitor represents my friend in court, would i need another solicitor to represent me, as this is not a buying and selling process and we will not be present. But it is a change in ownership name in property.

My friend gave power of attorney to his solicitor to act on his behalf to carry out the process of changing the property name from his to mine name. However the power of attorney does not mention my details as i am getting the property as a gift, but my friend has his details on the power of attorney.

Would my name be needed in the power of attorney or not?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your question.

If this is not about notarizing but about a court case both parties need solicitors if the case is worth more than 5000,00 Euro.

More than that and a solicitor is mandatory