Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

If a couple married in Germany have filed for separation and

If a couple married in Germany have filed for separation and have been separated for over 3 years, do they automatically become divorced or does one party have to still file for the divorce?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 3 years ago.
Dear Customer,
Thank you so much for your question.
My name is***** and I am happy to assist you today.
You still have to file for the divorce because being separated for 3 years only means that the opposing party cannot object to the divorce.
I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to us.