Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

Dear Claudia, I have been legally separated for 3 and a

Dear Claudia,
I have been legally separated for 3 and a half years. I would like you to check the records to see if my wife has already filed for divorce. If not I will need to file for the divorce.
We were married in Germany on the 22nd May 2010 and separation was filed on Jan 9th 2011.
My name is***** and her name is*****
Would you kindly give me your work email so should I need to arrange filing for divorce I can utilise your services.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer,
Thank you so much for your question.
My name is***** and I am happy to assist you today.
Does your wife have your address ?
If so you would have been served the paperwork.
Where does your wife live ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The reason I need to check is because paperwork is sometimes going missing in the post there have been a number of documents I have later found out I haven't received.
Her address is: Geschwister - Scholl - Str. 3 14471, Potsdam Germany
Kind regards,
Bjorn
Dear Customer,
yes, but when it comes from a court it is not just served by mail but in an official way.
So it is highly unlikely the paperwork got lost
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience: I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Claudia,
I don't receive any papers from the German govt at all only if it has been forwarded to the norwegian government.
She sent claims for money and I never received the initial letters which would have been sent from the German govt only the final letter from the norwegian government as they have my address.
Dear Customer,
claim for money is a bit different than a claim for divorce
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you please check the records if she has requested for this divorce yet?
Germany these are protected data.
So I cannot simply check records if a divorce has been filed.
I need to act officially on your behalf with a power of attorney
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so can you email me the paperwork I'll fill it in and sign it to give you power of attorney in this matter.
Dear Customer ,
contact me at
claudiamarieschiessl(at)googlemail(dot)com
Do you want to file for divorce ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes thank you i will email you shortly.
Kind regards *****
Kind regards ***** *****