Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

How do I contact the German Law Society to verify my

How do I contact the German Law Society to verify my concerns regarding my wife's recent experience with German lawyers in Hoffheim Germany .
My wife had one meeting with the lawyer to explain that the buyer of her property in Hirzenhain value Euros 50,000 decided not to proceed on unfounded grounds after all the contracts signed with the Notary .
We were in Hizenhain from 06 July 2014 and returned 29August to Uk . As we leave in the Uk my wife assumed that the contract was totally binding and generously handed over the keys before funds of euros 50,000 were paid into our account on Wednesday 27 August.
On Monday 01 the buyers called my wife in the Uk to indicate that they decided not to complete to purchase and made allegations which were untrue .
Under pressure my wife drove back to Germany to try and resolve the matter swiftly , leaving me and our 6 year old son behind . Because I do not read or speak Germany I found it frustrated the way she was been taking advantage of by the German lawyers .
My brother is a English Lawyer .
My questions are as follow .
1 The lawyers did not explain their fees or give any estimate of their fees at any stage .
In the Uk Lawyers are obliged to explain their fees and to keep the client informed of their estimate .
2 My wife asked for a breakdown of the excessive invoice , and the response was , they can not give any my information , they calculate on the value of the property .
This was not explained to her . Other Lawyers in Franfurt quoted hourly rate range euros 150.00 to 230.00 .
Based on the cost of the Notary of euros 1.000 .00 we find an invoice of over euros 19,000 unreasonable for one meeting a letter denying allegations and then the return of the keys of the property .
Please advise what we can do and who we contact and the procedure .
In the Uk we would contact the Law Society for guidance .
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer,
Thank you so much for your question.
My name is***** and I am happy to assist you today.
Ok
Did she sign an agreement about the fees ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She signed an agreement but was not explained about the fees .

Is the lawyer not obliged to explain the fees .!

The lawyer in Frankfurt was happy to explain their fees over the phone .

The lawyers in Hoffheim appear not to have discussed the fees which seems unreasonable would you not agree.

My wife went to German local lawyer for help and fairness .

She has asked for a breakdown of the invoice which has paid last week without any detail.

Is she not entitled to a breakdown of services provided ?

I await you advise.

Vassos

dear Customer,
could you mail me the agreement
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Claudia ,

My wife has no copy of what she signed . She was very nervous and was asked to sign authorisation so the lawyer could act for her.

He did not give her a copy or discuss fees.

The lawyer is ************ ******************

I need to restore my trust in the German Legal system .

Therefore I would appreciate your response to my reasonable questions and concerns .

Vassos

Dear Customer,
Normally legal fees are strictly according to the law.
There is however an exception .
Client and lawyer can agree upon a fee.
But thi agreement has to fulfill certain formalities.
One of them is that the client has to be giver a copy of what he has signed.
So the agreement may not be valid.
Please turn to the Bar association .
http://www.rechtsanwaltskammer-ffm.de/raka/nmain/index.html
I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to us.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Claudia,

Can you provide details of the Bar Association

?

I would also appreciate if you respond to my previous questions etc regarding giving a detail breakdown of his charges and how he arrived at them ?

You say legal fees are according to the law ? What are the range of fees according to the law ?

Vassos

Dear Customer,
The Law has a variety of fees, dependant on what field of the Law and whether it is before court or out of court.
It is not possible to explain them all , that would take days.
I would need the details of your case and I have not even had the lawyer's invoice yet.
The address I have given you is the Rechtsanwaltskammer Frankfurt, which is the Bar Association for your case.
Dear Customer,
How do we proceed?
Dear Customer,
I have answered your question and I have given you the address of Frankfurt Bar Association.
I could not proceed further because for this you would have to provide me with the invoice in question.
So I would very much appreciate a positive rating because otherwise I will not get any credit for my work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Claudia,

Whilst I appreciate your questions I do not seem to get a response to my questions even though I have requested a response regarding

What the Lawyers obligations are regarding fees , and providing a detail breakdown ?

I see no point in paying another £36.00 to send copy of invoice when I have not had a response to my original question .

This is the first time I have used your services .

********

Dear Customer, he has to name the Gegenstandswert, ie the sum from which the fees are calculated. He also has to name what he has done , as each action has a special fee, for example writing to court , making an agreement and so on. And he has to name the law according to which the bill is calculated.

He also has to write how much is chrages for example 1,3; 2,0 and so on

For example

writing a letter 1,3 Geschäftsgebühr 2300 VV

Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience: I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Writing a letter 1,3 Gesschaaftesgebeuhr ,/ What do you mean by 2300 w is that Euro per hour ?

/

2300 VV is the number of the section of the Vergütungsverzeichnis ( VV) which deals about what the lawyer gets.