Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

Hi, my husband and I live in Germany. My husband has initiated

Customer Question

Hi, my husband and I live in Germany. My husband has initiated divorce here. There is a hearing arranged. I would like to know the following,
1. what will take place during the divorce hearing?
2. what I need to prepare?
3. Do I need a lawyer?
4. And do I need to ask for a translator?
5. Do I need to sign the divorce paper on the day?
Many thanks!
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer,
Thank you so much for your question.
My name is***** and I am happy to assist you today.
At the hearing you and your husband will be questioned about your name, dob , whether you have children and since when you are separated.
You will then be asked If you consider your marriage to be over.
Bring your passport.
I would recommend you ask for a translator.
If you agree with the divorce you do not need a lawyer.
In Germany you do not sign divorce papers.
The court makes a decision which becomes valid after 4 weeks.
I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to us.
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience: I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
May I politely ask what is keeping you from a positive Rating?
Any further questions you are welcome to ask
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks!

you are very welcome
all my best wishes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** about division of finance? The situation is as following

1. There is no children or joint assets.

2. I am an expat and I am not a German citizen. My employer, saving, salary and pension are all in a different country. My husband is a German and works in Germany.

3. There is an agreement, in email, that we will not want anything from each other if we divorce.

So my questions are,

1. Does the email have any legal consequences?

2. Will the court take the decision on the division of the assets, such as salary, savings and pension?

3. If the court takes the decision on division of assets, will it take place at the hearing?

Dear Customer,
as you are a subscriber would you please ask this as a new question