Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

.If I have paid child support child that is

Customer Question

Hello.
If I have paid child support for a child that is not mine and the biological father is found, can I ask him to repay the child support or is it down to the mother to settle with me ?
Than you.
Andy
Category: German Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 2 years ago.
Could you explain a little more about what has actually happened please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Clare
I will give you as much information I can.
I was a soldier serving in Germany, I met a local lady and we had a relationship which resulted in a pregnancy very early on in the relationship. As far as I was initially told I was the father, I soon learnt that the mother also had a relationship with another soldier, at the start of our relationship, the mother assured me that I was the child's father.
As I thought the child was mine I did what I was asked of me and when the relationship broke down I paid child maintenance for 7 years, I had received sporadic correspondence with the the child. I stopped paying maintenance when the contact stopped shortly after I returned to England after visiting the child as her father.
I did not hear from the child or her mother until the child was 18 and she tracked me down via Facebook, I told her that I was not 100% sure I was her father and as she is 18 I would like to do a DNA test.
She got in touch with the other man and since then he has told me that he is sure he is her father.
I have tried to explain things is the shortest way possible but if I have missed something please ask.
Andy
Expert:  clairep80 replied 2 years ago.
That is fine thank you.
For clarity there has not yet been a DNA test and the maintenance was paid in Germany?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No DNA as far as INam aware, yes, the money was paid in to a German account.
Andy
Expert:  clairep80 replied 2 years ago.
In that case the matter will be dealt with under German Law.
I shall opt out and transfer the matter to the correct section.
It will take a little time so please be patient
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thank you.
Andy
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Nicola
I would like an answer to my question so yes, I will continue to see what you can do.
Andy
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand, I will accept my deposit back and thank you for looking.
Andy