Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

On 25.04.2015 I was traveling in my car towards Amsterdam on

On 25.04.2015 I was traveling in my car towards Amsterdam on A30 autobahn in Germany and just arrived in the town of "BAD OYENHAUSEN".
I was waiting at a set of traffic lights which were on red and was waiting to change to green.
A tourist coach with reg.no: BLK-CT405 approached from behind at some speed and failed to stop, resulting in considerable damage both to my car, my belonging and myself.
This occurred at approximately 10.30 am on MINDER STR/EDINGHAUSENER STR.
The police were called and wrote a full accident report. Which confirmed that the accident and liability lay with the coach driver.
I have been in correspondence with German Insurance company VDK Versicherung der Kraftfahrt 10591 Berlin.
I had provided Insurance company WITH ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION AND ESTIMATES FOR THE DAMAGE.
they DO NOT GIVE ANY ANSWERS IS NEAR 2 MONTHS AND I HAVE NOT RECIVE FROM THEM EVEN WRITTEN PROMISSION TO HAVE A CAR HIRE.
I AM NOT ABLE TO USE MY CAR.
THEY JUST SIMPLY DO NOT ANSWER AT ALL.
DO I HAVE TO TAKE THEM TO COURT? (Insurance)
or company who own the Coach or Driver of the coach
Can I go to the British Courts or I must to do this in Germany.
What is the time scale for German Insurance to answer to my problems.
Who is the regulator of German Insurers?
Please help
Grazyna Hobley
83 Amberley Gardens
Stoneleigh , Epsom
Surrey KT19 0NQ
tel: 0208(###) ###-####
mob:07792266140
UK
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, These companies often take their time in answering . No you do bot have to take them to Court yet which by the way would be a German court as the accident happened in Germany. You are entitled to a lawyer here in Germany if the accident was caused by the other party. lawyer' s fees are part of the damage they have to pay. So either you write to them again set a deadline which would be a fortnight , or you contact a lawyer in Germany. I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to us.