Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

My husband has been given four months notice of a month's driving

Customer Question

My husband has been given four months notice of a month's driving ban in Germany for speeding. Can he give a photocopy of his license when he agrees the date for the ban to start so that he can return to the UK.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,
Thank you so much for your question.
My name is***** and I am happy to assist you today.
No unfortunately not.
He has to send the original in which he can do when he is back in Great Britain.
I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to us.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He also has to pay a 160 euro fine. Could he swap the ban for a higher fine. He needs the van for work and has to be back in UK on 30th October and he returns on 2nd December for 2 weeks. He works in Germany every four weeks for the MoD.
Dear Customer,
Yes this is possible in some cases, of this is his first offence.
For this he has to seek help with a solicitor at his locale in Germany
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your advice.Marie
You are very welcome