How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 11154
Type Your German Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I live in Scotland and my ex fiancé lives in Germany with my

Resolved Question:

I live in Scotland and my ex fiancé lives in Germany with my son Lucas who will be two in may lives with her. Im named as his father on the birth certificate. I have been sending £200 a month plus contributions to other things since the break down of our relationship over a year ago. I go over every 8 weeks if I can. Last year she came to Scotland once for 3 days. She is now refusing to come over with him or let me bring him over for a visit she is also refusing to let me stay with her Germany to see him asking me to pay for a hotel. She also demands more money and gives me no access. I have discussed having something in writing she refuses. What can I do to have some stability or assurance to see him when she lives in Germany and I live in Scotland. I had to get the birth certificate myself and she is refusing to let him have a British passport. What can I do to see my so .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. I have to tell you that Scots law has no jurisdiction to deal with this as your son is habitually resident in Germany so the laws of Germany apply. You will have to engage a German lawyer who may have to go to the German courts to seek contact orders and other orders that you require here. I do not think that JustAnswer has a German law section so you should seek an English speaking lawyer in the district of Germany that your son lives. That is as much as I can help you with from Scotland, I'm afraid but I hope that it is of some help.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Actially I see that there is a German law section listed. I will try to transfer you there.
JGM and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related German Law Questions