Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

My late Father (German but lived in UK, died 2010), is a

My late Father (German but lived in UK, died 2010), is a benefactor in his sisters German will (died March 2016). My German born Mother (his wife) lives in UK. We have received a copy of the will from the Court in Berlin but unsure how to proceed. Does my Mother automatically inherit (she has not been named in the will) or does it go to my Fathers offspring?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer, Thank you so much for your business. According to German Law your late father is replaced by his offspring. Inheritance goes according to lines. Your father preceeds his children, his children preceeds their children and so on. If Someone in the line dies he is replaced by his immediate offspring.

As your mother is not related by blood she cannot inherit lest she is mentioned in the will.

I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to u

Any further questions?

Dear Customer, you still have not given me a positive rating so I did not get paid for my work