Claudia Schiessl
Claudia Schiessl, Attorney
Experience:  I have been a practicing attorney for 20 years now with a broad experience in all kinds of law.
44859865

I am a UK resident, currently paying child maintenance in

Customer Question

I am a UK resident, currently paying child maintenance in Germany in accordance with the German regulatory framework (Düsseldorfer Tabelle - http://www.olg-duesseldorf.nrw.de/infos/Duesseldorfer_tabelle/Tabelle-2016/).
My employment status is about to change from employed to unemployed. The German regulatory framework is clear that maintenance must continue to be paid, covered for parents resident in Germany by the German benefits system. I am not sure what support mechanisms exist in my situation.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Claudia Schiessl replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer, If the child is a minor German Law demands that you end your unemployment asap. You must take any job, even if you are over- qualified as long as it enables you to pay child support. You must write 20 applications each month( please keep all the paperwork ) If you do that and still cannot find work you may change the deed you most probably have and adapt it to the less money you now have .

Please note that this has to be done through Family Law Court.

If you do not succeed in writing all the applications or turn down jobs you have to pay as much as before

If the child is under 12 the mother can get money from the Jugendamt.

I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to us.

Any further questions ? Please be my guest