Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  Electrical and Computer Engineer.
16465236

My Honda (Garmin) 360 will not power up. This unit is a replacement

Customer Question

My Honda (Garmin) 360 will not power up. This unit is a replacement under warranty and I only received it last week. It performed normally when charged from a wall socket but would not charge when on the car mounting base. It ran to flat battery status and now will not even charge from the wall socket...HELP.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..from your description of teh problem, I would suspect the power to the Garmin is faulty.

Is the charger hard wired into the car's electrical system or does the Garmin have a plug that fits in the 12 volt power outlet (cigarette lighter)?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The charger in the car is hard wired to the car's electrical system.

when fitted to the car base unit it does not charge. I had the wiring of this checked and it was reported to be in order. The unit charged normally from the wall socket until now. When the unit was returned to me after the car wiring was checked it was discharged and now will not accept a charge from the wall socket which up to this point operated was operating normally.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 4 years ago.
Good morning. You responded a 4AM my time. I'm sorry I was not available at that time.

Do you still need assistance with your Garmin? I am online now.

Steve