carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Have deleted files and maps on my Garmin nuvi200. Help?

Customer Question

Have tried to download but states maps are up to date.

On the screen I have the following message.

No detailed maps found that support routing.The nuvi cannot be used without them.

Category: GPS
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

How did you delete the maps if you could let me know how it was done I might be able to suggest a recovery method.

You can also download maps for your garmin here these are not garmin maps but a free alternative.

http://talkytoaster.info/ukmaps.htm#GPSRs-Only
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I thought I was deleting from another drive not the Garmin and had pressed the delete button for Garmin by mistake.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
Have you had a look in recycle bin for your map files?

I would advise trying this program on the garmin and see if it recovers the files.

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not in recycle bin,have tried zar got a bit lost ,but as I am only 81 yrs old I suspect I am slowing down.Cyril

Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
Hi Cyril,

I will see if I can find a copy of the maps for you to install on your sat nav. I will get back to you soon.