Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

my garmin 560 keeps switching off when ive set a destination

my garmin 560 keeps switching off
when ive set a destination it switches off
Category: GPS
Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..jsut so I understand, if you don't set a destination, does it still turn off?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Steve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if I don't set a destination it stays on

but once I set a destination then it switches off

Expert:  Steve G. replied 3 years ago.
That is interesting.

I would udate it - I am not talking about the maps, but the software that the GPS uses.

Do you have Garmin Express installed on your PC? If not, download it from >>>HERE<<<

Install and run it on the PC, plug in your Nuvi and let the program scan the Nuvi for missing or out of date files.

If it offers new filess, take them. Then once loaded and rebooted, give it a try.

Let me know. I will be here.

Steve