Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

I bought an SD card for a Mazda 3 satnav system on ebay and

Customer Question

I bought an SD card for a Mazda 3 satnav system on ebay and when I put it in the system the flowing message comes up "this SD card cannot be used please use official SD card for your system"

Do you have any ideas re how I can get the SD card to work?

Ronnie
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You cannot, you have to use a Mazda SD card. It comes with the navigation and they force you to do this.

They are quite expensive, but I found one on E-Bay for you here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321343299990?lpid=82

Else you can get one new from my link below

Click me to view

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your response Richard

That is the same card type and infact seller on ebay that I purchased. It does say it's a Mazda SD card, but the message is as per my original question.

My question is how do I get that card to work?

Ronnie

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Ronnie.

The one you have is not an authentic SD card, it will be one labelled as one. The seller has excellent reviews, so either he has given you a faulty one or (unlikely) it is a fake, but the one you have you cannot get working, as it has detected it as a non official SD Card.