Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

I have bought a Nozatec gps and when I used it in Malta it

I have bought a Nozatec gps and when I used it in Malta it worked fine, however yesterday we arrived in UK and when we switched it on it was not working well, it was giving me an error (application IG08.exe encountered a serious error and must shut down - we did shut down several times but to no avail since it kept on given me the same error) and honestly I am desperate cause I resetted it several times. I can't go anywhere in UK without it?????????????? Kindly revert at your earliest

Thanks again

Keith Azzopardi
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having.

How exactly did you do the reset?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we clicked the reset button at the back of the gps and when we switched it on again it has given me the same error

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

We need to do a full reset to reload the firmware (the issue is either faulting firmware or faulting memory).

To do this, while it is on, push and hole the reset down for 10 seconds then release.

It should reset to new (like when you first received it).

Once done, tell me if it still errors please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We did the reset as you indicated and it switched off automatically and when I switched it on it has given me the same error immediately

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunate this is bad news, as the reset is not completing which confirms it is the internal memory in the device that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to error (as it cannot read from the memory).

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It is a known problem, will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.