Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

NEW REFURBISHED TOM TOMXL LIVE WILL NOT ACCEPT DOWNLOAD FROM

Customer Question

NEW REFURBISHED TOM TOMXL LIVE WILL NOT ACCEPT DOWNLOAD FROM COMPUTER DUE TO SERIAL NUMBER R13032Y00891 DOES NOT COMPARE TO ANY MAKE OR MODEL
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

May I ask WHERE & WHEN you purchased this device?

May I also ask if you are entering this Serial Number "manually" (by typing it in) or if you have some other program reading that serial number "automatically"?

(im)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

purchased on internet tomtom sales bv netherlands de ruyterkade 154 1011 ac amsterdam netherlands date of purchase 4/7/2014 delivery date 7/7/2014 tomtom order number ********* thank you steph

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 years ago.

Hi again Steph and thanks for that information.

If you are NOT entering the serial number in manually, but letting the computer detect the device (via TomTom Home), and the device is not seen by the computer, then I believe you have a bad unit there.

Now since the device was purchased so recently, any issues should be covered under the warranty that came with the device.

So you will want to contact TomTom Customer Support, and have and "Proof of Purchase" ready for when they ask for it. But you will NEED to contact customer support to get any "numbers" they need so that the device will be accepted for repair or being replaced. In some cases, they MAY send a newly refurbished device to you quickly, and you will be able return the original device back in the other direction.

Here is a link to their "contact" page >>click here<<, and you should be able to select the contact method you prefer (I like to use the phone myself).

Please let me know your results - when you can - or REPLY if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)