Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I have recently purchased a Garmin nuvi52LM but when I apply

I have recently purchased a Garmin nuvi52LM but when I apply a specific post code the screen doesn't indicate the area that post code refers to. It just tells me the miles involved and whether it be North, South, East or West.
Is there any software that can be installed which would give the location of any specific post code?
Category: GPS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
The post code will only go to the line of that area from where you are.
To go directly to the town you would need to insert the town name as well.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I knew some of what I was told but I need more specific details as to area etc when somebody gives me a postcode without a address to back it up. It happens frequently in my line of work....taxi driving so being able to tell a person exactly where they are going would be a massive help.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I clearly stated if it did not work to click on reply to expert and let me know, Do not relist or I will not get your replies. You do not need the address just the name of the city. I have no control over the fact the Garmin can not do it with just the post code. As mentioned with just the post code it will bring you to the area the post code encompasses from where you are. It can not do any more than that unless you put in the town name as well. You do not need the street or number just town name and it will bring you to the center of that town in that post code. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.