ptorres007
ptorres007, Technician
Experience:  10 years in the IT industry with certifications.
34552149

my tom tom is telling me that there are no maps found

Customer Question

Category: GPS
Expert:  ptorres007 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to answer your question.

Customer:

First, can you let me know:

1. The model number of your tomtom
2. When did you make the purchase
3. Have you purchased a map update in the last 12months
4. Did you previously make a backup of your device

Customer:

When you have a moment please let me know the above. Thank you.

Customer:

Also, as a first step in fixing the tomtom can I have you restart the device by doing the following:

1. Hold the on/off button in on the tomtom for 30 seconds to reset it (release when you hear the drums).

Customer:

If this does not work for you we can try a factory reset by doing the following:

1. Make sure you have the TomTom software installed on your computer, there should have been a cd that came with the tomtom. If not, go to this website http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/minor_detail/a_id/15600/ and match your model to find the correct version of software the needs to be installed. Download and install the software.

2. Press and hold the on/off button until the device restarts and a black screen with white text is displayed this is the device information screen, then press and release the power button 3 times in a row.

3. When a cog-wheel appears on the screen, connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with the tomtom.

4. If the software application didn't automatically start, start it manually. Once connected, the device will reboot (may take upwards of 30 mins).

Anthony, were you able to follow my instructions to get the GPS working again? Let me know if I can be of any more help.
Thanks,
Phil