Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

hi I have a nuvi 2515m with UK and Ireland maps + city navigator

hi I have a nuvi 2515m with UK and Ireland maps + city navigator Southeast Asia on a SD card and the SD card worked fine on the 1310 I had before, simulate a route and everything works fine but go on the road and get told to go to highlighted route and then nothing from speaker until you are told you have reached your destination but while you are driving all the information about turns and distances to junction is shown on the screen
Category: GPS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you tried doing a master reset yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I did a master reset on Friday as per Garmin instructions and have kept it on while driving since. when driving about two hours ago the voice directions came on for twenty minutes and then the speaker stopped working again. I am now thinking that it is a hardware problem and that the unit will have to be returned to Garmin

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately that is indeed why I asked it sounds like the internal speaker is failing and needs to bereplaced. If it is still under warranty Garmin will normally cover this for you. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Garmin.
.