Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  8+ years repairing various Garmin, TomTom and other GPS models.
61965098

garmin satnav- screen stalled on 'Updating Bluetooth Firmware

Customer Question

garmin satnav- screen stalled on `Updating Bluetooth Firmware 48%
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 3 years ago.
Sijad H. :

Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Sijad H. :

What is the model of your Garmin GPS unit?

JACUSTOMER-kmhxtioh- :

garmin nuvi

Sijad H. :

OK, there are a set of number that follow the Nuvi to narrow down the model.

Sijad H. :

For example Garmin Nuvi 1490. I need the number to narrow the operating system of the model.

JACUSTOMER-kmhxtioh- :

Nothing on front of satnav. On under edge series of numbers as so - 10R-023994 FCC ID 1PH-01278 IC1792A-01278 P17 M1702. Hope this helps.

Sijad H. :

Connect your device to your computer and then turn it on.

JACUSTOMER-kmhxtioh- :

ok

Sijad H. :

Once it is connected, open My computer/Computer and double click the Garmin drive. Then look for a folder labeled RemoteSW. IF you do not see it, you may need to click a Garmin folder and then it should show up. Delete all files inside the RemoteSW folder. Then unplug your device and allow it to restart and it should boot up to the main screen again.

JACUSTOMER-kmhxtioh- :

Ok I am on

Sijad H. :

Sijad H. :

Were you able to get it to work?

JACUSTOMER-kmhxtioh- :

Yes it working - thank you Sijad.

Sijad H. :

Ok No problem. Please take a moment to rate my answer.

Sijad H. :

Have a wonderful day!~

JACUSTOMER-kmhxtioh- :

Ta ever so TA

Sijad H. :

You should see a rating button outside the chat window. Rate the answer on that please and thank you.