Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

I have found a Garmin Sat- Nav and was wondering if there is

Customer Question

I have found a Garmin Sat- Nav and was wondering if there is anyway that the owner can be found there is a mber on it s/n:2sh059738
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

May I ask if that device looks something like the following image?

graphic
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

I didn't see a response from my first post, but want to send the following before I take a break for the afternoon.

I looked for that serial number, and came up with the following information:
That serial number decoded to "WOLF,GPS,VW Germany", and when I further searched for that detail, I found the Garmin Part number of "010-01067-70". Another search found this page: Click here - which is a "Volkswagen only" item - that can only be purchased through a Volkswagen dealership.

So I think your best possibility to get this unit back to the owner is to contact the nearest Volkswagen dealership and see if they have a local customer that may have lost this device. I would think the "next best" thing to do would be to contact the local authorities - to see if this unit has been reported as "missing" in some way.

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)