Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

my garmin nuvi 1390 when put in the car adapter starts to load

my garmin nuvi 1390 when put in the car adapter starts to load then the screen freezes and shows it is connected to a computer and how ever much i press the screen nothing happens the device will not even turn off until the battery has died. it is completely unusable
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you hold down on the power button until it is forced off.
Then power it on and tell me exactly what happens please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

stays on will not turn off it thinks it is connected to my laptop by the picture on the screen. a hammer will turn it off ,permanently

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, a hammer would, but its likely not to turn on again after that.
Can you connect it to a computer please.
Tell me what happens when you do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it first stayed froze bleeped once then the green bar start up came across the bottom of the screen to load and it is showing it is connected to my laptop as it did in the car .the screen does not respond by touching it still

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it and flash it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the nuvi to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.