Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician
Experience:  8+ years repairing various Garmin, TomTom and other GPS models.
61965098

All my tom tom maps etc has gone off my device andI cant

Customer Question

Hi , all my tom tom maps etc has gone off my device andI cant even connect to
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your device.

What is the model of your TomTom device?

When you connect the device to the computer and then turn it on, what is displayed on the device?

Do you have a firewall or antivirus enabled on your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sijad, My tom tom is 950 live

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing its just blank.

yes i have firewall and yes i have avg15 installed

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Ok Just to clarify since you said its blank, is the device turning on at all?

When you connect it to the computer and turn it on, do you hear a sound on your computer to let you know the computer recognizes it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ive just turned off and back on again and at the moment I have the tomtom go live picture.

I have the tomtom log on the bar at the bottom saying i'm connected, but if i try to connect to mydrive connect its saying im not connected to the internet.

I have internet as I can read emails and surf the webb.

and yes it make a sound to say tom tom is recognised on the computor

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Disconnect your device. Restart your computer. When your computer reboots, disable AVG and your firewall temporarily. Then connect your device to your computer and turn it on. Once it is connected and it shows connected on the device, try and connect to myDrive.

Sometimes firewalls and antivirus can interfere with programs communicating with the internet so lets see if that is the issue.

Give that a try and then reply back and let me know if mydrive recognizes it. If not, we will continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do i connect back to you when i have done that please

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Very easy, just book mark this page. Or you can login in at Justanswer.com and then click the myquestions tab and you should see this question listed there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thankyou I will now try .

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Great. I will await your reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi sijad, Ive installed tomtom home, it says that an error has occured during the use of tomtom home and contact customer support ID number###-##-####

It also says my device is not supported by my drive connect.

When I take the connection out of the computor for tomtom and then start tomtom I have to hold down the start button for 15 sec or more before it will turn on and there's nothig?

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
With the device on, what is displayed on the screen? An image? A message? etc.

Where did you download tomtom home from, was it directly from tomtom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it just comes up with a blue back ground and trees, no message and cuts off.

tomtom home from tomtom

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
OK that means the battery is not charged if it is doing that with the device unplugged. Lets go ahead and plug the device back in to the computer and turn it on. Try and run tomtom home again and see if the error repeats itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its already being charged and has been while we have been sorting out the problem

I'll run tom tom home again.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
A USB Charge is extremely slow compared to that charge of a vehicle charger. It can also indicate a weak battery but I would charge it in the vehicle before calling the battery bad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ive got a plug thing to plug and charge on a home socket, I'll put to charge on there till you request more infor

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Ok sounds good. Reply when you are ready to continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi its fully charged

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
What is currently displayed on your device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. With it plugged in, turn the device on and let it load. Wait 2 minutes and then tell me what is displayed on the device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

turned it on and just the tomtom go live logo is showing (white boarder, green middle and picture of satnav)

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Turn it off, reconnect it to the computer and turn it on. Once connected to your computer run tomtom home. Also I want you to run a hard drive check on the internal memory of the tomtom device. Once it is recognized by your computer, open Computer or My Computer, right click on the tomtom drive and click properties. Click the tools tab and under error checking, click check now. Run that and see if it finds any errors, if it does it will automatically repair them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, I'm just printing off what you have said then will do that

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, let me know when you are done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

done that no errors

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
OK great, were you able to get tomtom home running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes its run

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
OK from here, you should be able to update your device maps and software. Click the update my device button to start the updates for your device.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I've done that but its still not on my device

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Ok Click the blue arrow for more and then click manage my device. Then click the items on my device tab and tell me whats listed there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need a prompt from you to reply to the last question please

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
I am still here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry i couldn't remember how to get you back.

right i had a window open up saying : any files that was affected by these problems were moved to a folder named Found on a device or disk. Your device or disk is now ready to use.

then it said

if you removed the device or disk before all files were fully written to it. parts of some files might still be missing. If so go back to the source and recopy those files to your device or disk.

then you asked me to click on items on my device

Maps, voices, fuel prices points of interest, safety cameras, maps overlays, post codes, car symbols, start up images, shut down images warning sound and phone connect settings

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
what is listed under maps? Do you see an option for application under the tab of items on my device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

only the two maps that ive installed

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
With that message from the error check it may have found some corrupt files so thats good.

Ok go back and click update my device one last time. If it says everything is up to date, go ahead and unplug your device. Connect it to your home power cord and turn the device on again. Then wait 3-5 minutes for the main screen comes on. After 5 minutes, please let me know if its operating normally again. If not, tell me what is displayed on the device after 3-5 minutes of being turned on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Reply back when the time has elapsed to see if the device is working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the main screen came on but still blank

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
What exactly is blank? Can you take a screen shot and show me what you are seeing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do i do that?

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a camera? You can take a picture of it and then click the paper clip above your text box on this page and attach it. If you have a mobile with a camera, you can take a picture, email it to your self and save it your computer. Then attach it using the paperclicp above your text box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry im struggling with this, Ive got in my mail but dont know how to save to computor

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
That's ok. Right click the attachment and click save as. Then save t to your desktop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im doing a right click but there isn't a save there. Could i send it to by email? The screen just looks as if nothings been installed on it if that helps

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Are there any words at all or different colors? When you did the update earlier what did it say. Also were you able to locate application under items on my device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

on the computor it said up all upto date, on the satnav when i turn it on tomtom drums come on, then it goes blue screen with the trees on then its shuts off

application under items on device couldn't locaye

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's strange. Under items on device there should be a plus sign next to applications. If it's not there then that means there's no application installed on the device and maybe why you are not able to use it proper. Please take another look just to make sure it wasn't missed and try clicking update again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there are items underneath the plus sign, so i checked what was there, on the right hand side of the screen there is a check box so i clicked that and thats for if i want to remove or copy to computor so they must be there

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Ok we want to remove the application. After its removed click the update my device button and this will reinstall the application to your device. This will fix any corrupt application files there may be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ive just clicked the maps at the moment just incase i haven't done it right.

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still not got anything

Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Alright well I am out of things to try. I am going to opt out and open the question up to other experts to see if they can weigh in. It sounds like your device has failed internally. You need not reply, an expert will pick this up if he or she has some other things you can try.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I feel ive had enough for today, ive been on this computor nearly all day and and nothings resolved at the moment. I understand you have been very patient and done your best, ***** ***** kids need feeding, i didn't expect it to take so long, also because i initially clicked the wrong button in the begining I had to pay another £20 can I have this refunded please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
new Expert