Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

Garmin nuvi 2595 works if you put fresh charged battery in

garmin nuvi 2595 works if you put fresh charged battery in but wont charge from mains or car addapter tried 2 different car adapters that both work with other garmin
Category: GPS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. How old is it?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you still on case only reply from you which seemed prety dumb was how old it was.

I now know that in line mini fuses are in circuit somewhere can you pinpoint exact location?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Though I thank you for the extra info. I still need the age to help you and this device does not have a fuse so that makes no sense, I would need you to describe the piece. Since however you decided to insult me rather than give me the info requested I will not be continuing and will instead be opting out.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I already replied with age 1year old repeat

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier. The other expert may not have seen your earlier post about the age of the device if it was NOT posted here, but sent through email. Emails do NOT get copied to this page, so we don't see it.

As for your device not charging, especially if you tried other chargers AND replaced the battery (it sounds like you have done that), there is probably an issue with the POWER CONNECTOR of the device OR the internal charging circuits.

Now if your device is "just 1 year old", you MAY be able to have it repaired under the standard 1 year warranty that comes with most Garmin devices. But if it is past that time, it can still be repaired via an "out of warranty" repair process, usually for a flat fee.

To check into either of those options, I would recommend that you contact Garmin Support as soon as you can, and see if you can get this repaired under the warranty period. Sometimes if it is "close to" the 1 year limit, the support people will allow that repair to be made.

I have the support contact information below.

Garmin Support - United Kingdom

For all of United Kingdom users and customers in unlisted countries in Europe, Africa and Middle East
Monday - Friday: 8:30 AM - 17:30 PM Western European Time (GMT/UTC)
Phone (freephone from UK landline): 0808(###) ###-####br/>Phone (within UK): 0870(###) ###-####br/>Phone (outside UK): +44(###) ###-####br/>
One other note: I have a reference page for you to look at, that describes what happens to MANY of these devices that have a direct connection to the power cable and the back of the device. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, there are even pictures with close-up views of what MAY be happening.

Click Here --> Reference Page.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate my service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this issue. You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)
Greg A., Engineer
Experience: Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years