Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

I have subscribed to traffic services and yet my tomtom device

I have subscribed to traffic services and yet my tomtom device will not respond with the latest traffic updates. I have recently changed my password ***** my device fails to respond t0 show traffic updates.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me which model TomTom you have please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

go live model 4er41

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you check the following please
Tap the screen to bring up the Main menu.
Tap Change preferences.
Tap My info.
When you are asked "Do you want to enter or change your address or other contact details?", tap No.
In the next screen, click Continue.
At the top of this screen, you can see if the sending of information is enabled or disabled.
If it states "Information sharing disabled", click Yes to start sending information.
Then tell me if traffic works please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

on my main menu screen I do not have a change preferences button

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then it doesnt look like you gave me the correct model number
It may be easier for you, can you click on my link below and go through the steps to rule out the causes to not receive traffic on your device please
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10316/locale/en_gb
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

error code 2023 on my go live 820 device

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
when doing what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Since I changed my password ***** week I have had no Live traffic updates.The message "unknown username and password *****" has been showing ever since followed by re -enter. I have done this to no avail. As i have already said the following code appears under the above message -Error code 2023

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, a little confused here as I gave you a set of instructions and you replied to this
"error code 2023 on my go live 820 device"
Can you do the instructions I gave? I repeated them below again.
Can you click on my link below and go through the steps to rule out the causes to not receive traffic on your device please
<a href="http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10316/locale/en_gb
" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10316/locale/en_gb

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Went back to factory settings and reset. Now working again normally. Had to re-enter Username and password ***** device and not computer.

Having been a User with TomTom for many years I do not feel that the £20 a month I signed up to is value for money as this is only the second time in many years that I have needed help.Would you therefore please cancel the arrangement.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, that's the last resort that we had to do
no problem on the subscription, you do not need to sign up for it, you can always pay a one time amount in the future if you wish.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.