Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

Why does my sat av gps83h-3 go back to screensaver when I press

Customer Question

Why does my sat av gps83h-3 go back to screensaver when I press search
Category: GPS
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Please do not take offense to this but this unit is a cheap Chinese Sat Nav (usually sold by Chinavasion or its subsidiaries) and what happens is they build a device but then user software from a previously made device on the unit as this results in a lot of cost savings.
The thing that happens is when a software error occurs, its default state to return to is the screen saver. For your model this is happening when you attempt to do a search. It errors out due to a bug in the code and then returns back to the screen saver.
I know its not ideal but you need to contact the place of purchase and request if there is a firmware upgrade that can be applied, that resolves this, if not, inform them of this bug and depending on where you purchased it from, they will look at developing a fix that can be flashed to the unit.
Else you would need to contact them to have a refund performed. Unfortunately, with this Chinese devices, the options are quite limited.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.