Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

I have an old Map 410 which still works perfectly except that

I have an old Map 410 which still works perfectly except that the screen is almost unreadable. Is it possible to get a replacement screen?
Mike Gross
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It will be the display, not the actual screen (the glass) and for this companies do not a replacement as it is cost prohibitive. Even when it is done under warranty, Magellan will replace the unit rated then swap out the display. The reason is its soldered to the mainboard and the cost of all this is most of the value of the unit. They are not really made to be repaired sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.