*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Garmin nuvi52lm keeps giving me a message powering of in

Customer Question

my Garmin nuvi52lm keeps giving me a message powering of in 30 second with options power off or stay on how do I permanently remove this message. contact XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Category: GPS
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
This sounds like a glitch with the firmware, you will need to try a reset>Start with the device OFF and unplugged from power
To verify the device is powered off and not in standby mode, press and hold down the power button until prompted to turn off the device
Press and hold the lower right hand corner of the display portion of the touchscreen
Power on the device while continuing to hold the display
Remove your finger from the touchscreen when "Erase all user data?" appears
Touch Yes
If text language is not in English, this is the button on the right
The device will now reset. Follow the on-screen prompts and then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.
Although the master reset will erase all saved favorites, any loaded custom points of interest will remain intact on the device.