Engineer1010
Engineer1010, Engineer
Experience:  Electrical and Computer Engineer.
16465236

I have just bought a Garmin 760 Camper. Can't get it to

Customer Question

Hi! I have just bought a Garmin 760 Camper. Can't get it to give voice guidance. The speaker icon in "volume" is crossed out. Tried master reset and downloaded all updates still no voice. It says "join highlighted route" but then nothing!! Help!
Category: GPS
Expert:  Sijad H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just to clarify, do you have other sounds such as the sound it makes when you tap on something?

Do you have an MP3 Player setting in volume?

Under tools/settings/language, what is selected for voice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, keyboard clicks when pressed. 3 icons in volume - spanner, speaker (with a stroke through) and return arrow. Voice set to British English-Serena (Says Garmin Real Directions)

No MP3 settings that I can find.

After selecting destination, Garmin spreaks "Goto Highlighted Route" but no voice directions after this one instruction!