Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Tomtom will not locate satellites

Customer Question

tomtom will not locate satellites
Category: GPS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What model tomtom is it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

via live 125

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds and the device restarts. This can take 30 seconds or more. Give it 20 minutes to acquire satellites somewhere with a clear view of the sky then let me know the results. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.