Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Using & Working with GPS systems for 10+ years
5229702

My Garmin Nuvi 770 already has an 8gb memory card fitted. I

My Garmin Nuvi 770 already has an 8gb memory card fitted. I am trying to update my maps but get the message that there is not enough room. What can I do? I have already erased user info to try and alleviate the situation.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer, Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue with your device. May I ask:1) Is the memory card being "seen" by the computer - when the device is connected to the USB cable?2) If it IS being seen, how much free space is showing?3) Is the "lock" switch on the memory card set to the Unlock position?4) Is the Garmin Express program up to date (latest version)?5) Has the device software been updated?I would start by checking all these things and making sure the card can be seen and has enough free space, and the card is unlocked.If all those conditions are satisfied, I would try to install a smaller map region, to see if that works, or try another memory card. Please let me know what you find - when you can. Thanks, ***** *****(im) P.S. I'm about to go offline for a couple of hours, but will respond as soon as I can if these things do not resolve this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Everything else seemed OK, but Garmin Express would not tell me if an update was available!! I therefore deleted it and downloaded it again. Got a more recent version and the update has been successfully achieved. Thanks for your help. Bill

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 years ago.

You are quite welcome and thanks for letting me know what was found.

Please let me know if you have any more questions in the future.

Take Care & Travel Safe, Greg A.