Richard, Technician
Experience:  GPS Specialist
32989067

I have just bought a garmin nuvi 2597. I followed the instructions

I have just bought a garmin nuvi 2597. I followed the instructions to down load and update the version 2016. Now the device can not load addresses or anything, ( information no available). I am trying to re-download the updates but the computer says it is not compatible with the plugins. I have pasted the given address onto internet explorer as instructed but with no result.
I have windows 10 and an up to date computer.
I bought this device to start a new courier job on Monday
Can you help me?
regards
Archie Jamieson
Category: GPS
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you still able to get to the menu on the Gamin? If not, what exactly happens when it starts up Archie?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
am having trouble with my computer, some one is looking at it now. Can I get back to you. Archie
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but we can do everything directly on the device Archie, usually the computer is not needed. Can we continue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I continued last night and down loaded fire fox web browser. wi
ch allowed me to download a plug in. I have rloaded the. maps I think. When I switch on the garmin it comes up with the where to and view map. I have not tried to go further yet but think it might be ok now. Archie
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, that sounds good Archie as if it lets you select this, you should then be able to use the device.
I have marked this question to never close, so any issues just let me know here, this is no problem.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.