Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I want to check new downloads on my Garmin nuvi

I want to check for available new downloads on my Garmin nuvi for both UK and France driving.
Category: GPS
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
First please note free updates only apply to the region the Garmin was bought in.
So if you bought it in the UK you should be able to update those maps, for France you would need to buy them if it did not come with them.

Download and install garmin express from here: Click Here
Once installed and your Nuvi is connected to the computer it will detect it and show available updates.

This video shows how to do it: Click Here Let me know if you get stuck.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.